Applications of HPTLC in Pharmaceutical Analysis
High-performance thin layer chromatography is an advanced form of thin layer chromatography. Various improvements can be added in the basic method of thin layer chromatography to automate various stages, to raise the achieved resolution and allow for more precise quantitative analysis. The applications of HPTLC (high-performance thin layer chromatography) are very huge, since any compound, which can be analyzed by TLC analyze using HPTLC techniques. Also, because the technique is very sensitive and small sample volume is enough to detect and estimation of analytes, using HPTLC different applications are possible in many areas. Here are mentioned some applications of HPTLC (high-performance thin layer chromatography).
- Qualitative analysis of analytes in biological fluids and formulations.
- Assay of active components and multi-components analysis.
- Content uniformity in a dosage formulation.
- Presence of impurities in the drug.
- Stability testing and forced degradation studies.
- Phytoconstituents in plant extract.
- Quality control/authentication.
- Phytochemical analysis of volatile oils.
- Used in pharmacokinetics and metabolism to detect drugs and metabolites.
- Forensic applications
- Cosmetic analysis
- Food analysis
- Environmental analysis
- Industrial applications
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Applications of HPTLC in Pharmaceutical Analysis you can visit the HPLC