¿What are the Applications of Chromatography?
Chromatography is the technique for separating analytes or a mixture depending on the relative affinity of each analyte distributed between a mobile phase and a stationary phase. The mobile phase can be liquid or gas, whereas the stationary phase is either a liquid or a solid. There are different types in chromatography are available, such as High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC), High-Performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC), Column Chromatography, Paper Chromatography, etc.
Here are some applications of chromatography mentioned.
- To separate the chiral compounds, chromatography used the pharmaceutical industry.
- Chromatography is used for quality control in the food manufacturing process.
- It is used in the pharmaceutical and biomedical applications.
- Chromatography is used for Beverage testing by the drink manufacturers
- To help catch criminals chromatography is used in forensic testing.
- It is used in the diagnostic labs to determine the amount of drug present in urine, blood samples, etc.
- It is used in environmental applications.
- It is used in the clinical diagnosis of diseases.
- It is used in nanotechnology.
- Petroleum industries also use chromatography.
See also!What are the Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography?
¿What are the causes of broad peaks in HPLC?
Method development in hplc - Chromatography advance
HPLC Basics - All about Basics Principles of Chromatography
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to ¿What are the Applications of Chromatography? you can visit the FAQ HPLC
You May Be Interested in: