Advantages and disadvantages of colorimetry
Advantages of colorimetry:
- It is cheap, fast and has the simple operation of a spectrometer.
- It is a fast and convenient method compared to volumetric or gravimetric processes and is easily optimized for automation.
- It does not require an experienced person to handle it.
- Chemicals in water can be identified with this method.
- It is applied to the quantitative analysis of colored compounds.
- Another advantage of Colorimetry is that it is a portable system that you can easily carry and transport.
Disadvantages of colorimetry:
- The main disadvantage of colorimetry is that colorless compounds cannot be analyzed.
- You need more sample for analysis.
- It is necessary to prepare a standard solution.
- Its sensitivity is low.
- The same colors of interfering material can create errors in the results.
- Accurate wavelength bandwidth may be required for more accurate analysis.
- Matrix interference may cause poor results under uncontrolled conditions.
If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of colorimetry you can visit the category Science.
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of colorimetry you can visit the Chemistry