Advantages and disadvantages of conductimetry
The advantages of conductometric titrations are mentioned below.
- The process of measuring conductivity is simple.
- Indicators are not necessary, because the conductance changes from the solution measured by the conductivity meter.
- It is suitable for turbid suspensions, dilute and colored solutions.
- Using the graphical representation, the end point can be determined.
- Deliver accurate results with minimal errors.
- Suitable for analysis of weak bases, weak acids, combination of strong and weak acids
- Throughout the titration, the temperature remains constant.
The disadvantages of conductometric titrations are listed below.
- High concentrations cannot be measured with this method.
- It is necessary to dilute a solution for measurement.
- Less accurate than other methods.
- Salt level changes improve conductivity in the solution mask.
- Less satisfactory than other methods.
If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of conductimetry you can visit the category Science.
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of conductimetry you can visit the CHEMISTRY
You May Be Interested in: