Advantages and disadvantages of the flame photometer
The advantages of the flame photometer:
- It is a rapid, adequate, selective and sensitive analysis.
- It is a simple and inexpensive method of analysis.
- It is used in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of metal ions.
- The elements that are rarely analyzed in this method can be determined.
- Very low concentrations of metal ions can also be determined from the sample.
The disadvantages of the flame photometer:
Despite several advantages, this analysis technique has some disadvantages, check it out.
- The only liquid sample can be analyzed by this technique.
- In some cases, sample preparation takes longer.
- This method does not give information about the molecular structure of the metal ion present in the sample.
- Not every metal atom can be determined by flame photometry.
- The metal ion concentration cannot be measured accurately with this technique.
If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of the flame photometer you can visit the category Science.
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Advantages and disadvantages of the flame photometer you can visit the Chemistry