What are the Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography?
Thin Layer Chromatography
It is a widely used method in chemical research. It is used to separate and evaluate mixtures of analytes or compounds. As with other chromatography techniques, stationary and mobile phases provide simple, inexpensive and fast results.
TLC has applications in various research fields in the pesticide industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical and other industries. An advanced version of TLC called High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) can be used for forensics.
Following are some applications of thin layer chromatography. Let's see.
- Identification of compounds in traditional medicines by thin-layer chromatography.
- TLC can also be used to characterize various plant compounds.
- The reaction mixture can be examined by thin layer chromatography.
- Cations and anions in inorganic chemistry can be identified by TLC.
- TLC methods are used for the separation and identification of sweeteners, preservatives, colorants and various cosmetics
- TLC is used to check the purity of the sample.
- TLC can be used to separate, assess and characterize metabolites and compounds from urine, body fluids, blood and serum.
- TLC can be used to identify drug residues in food.
- Various metabolites present in drugs can be separated using thin layer chromatography.
- It is used in the food and cosmetic industries TLC methods are used to separate and identify colors, preservatives, sweeteners, and various cosmetic products.
C. Kromasil: https://www.kromasil.com/support/faq.php
E. ChemistryView: https://www.chemistryviews.org/details/education/9464911/What_is_HPLC/
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to What are the Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography? you can visit the FAQ HPLC