Factors Affecting Buffer Solution pH
Some of the factors that influence the pH of buffer solutions are listed below.
- The change in temperature varies the pH of a buffer solution, each buffer can influence it differently. For example, the pH of sodium borate acid buffer solution decreases with temperature, while the pH of acetate buffer increases with temperature.
- By adding neutral salts to the buffer solution, the pH of the solution can be changed due to the change in ionic strength.
- Diluting the buffer solution also changes the pH value, as it changes the ionic strength.
- The activity of the hydronium ion and the activity of ionized species which modify the pH of the buffer solution.
- In addition, the amount of change from the basic buffer is relatively small for the acidic buffer.
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Factors Affecting Buffer Solution pH you can visit the Chemistry