Some of the factors that influence the pH of buffer solutions are listed below.
- The change in temperature varies the pH of a buffer solution, each buffer can influence it differently. For example, the pH of sodium borate acid buffer solution decreases with temperature, while the pH of acetate buffer increases with temperature.
- By adding neutral salts to the buffer solution, the pH of the solution can be changed due to the change in ionic strength.
- Diluting the buffer solution also changes the pH value, as it changes the ionic strength.
- The activity of the hydronium ion and the activity of ionized species which modify the pH of the buffer solution.
- In addition, the amount of change from the basic buffer is relatively small for the acidic buffer.
See also!Particle size determination by laser diffraction methodDetermination of particle size using Coulter counters
Maximum bubble pressure method
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to Factors Affecting Buffer Solution pH you can visit the CHEMISTRY