What are the applications of nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology is the creation and use of functional structures intended for atomic or molecular scales with at least one dimension of deliberate attributes in nanometers. Their size allows them to display the novel and due to their size, the chemical, physical and biological properties, processes and phenomena have been greatly enhanced. Although the specific structural characteristic is between single atoms and bulk content in the range of 1 to 100 nanometers, the substance often exhibits significantly different physical characteristics than those exhibited by materials or bulk atoms.
The applications of nanotechnology in various industries such as batteries, pharmaceutical, electronics and food industries, discover some of them.
- Nanotechnology can be used in the electronics sectors to compact the size of devices and also to improve their performance.
- In the food industry, nanotechnology can be used for food delivery, improving taste, preventing bacterial growth, increasing product shelf life, and improving food safety.
- Nanotechnology can be used in the pharmaceutical sector in the form of nanoparticles, which can deliver appropriate drugs to diseased cells in the body.
- Nanotechnology can be used in the petroleum industry to reduce the price of catalyst used in fuel cells and is also used to increase engine mileage.
- Nanotechnology can be used in the solar energy sector for energy conversion.
- It can be used in textile industries to improve the thickness, weight, hardness and color properties of fabric.
- Nanotechnology can improve the performance of catalysts used to convert fumes escaping from cars or industries into non-toxic gases.
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to What are the applications of nanotechnology? you can visit the Chemistry