T Bact Ointment is used to treat bacterial skin infections such as impetigo. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the medicine at least 3 times a day. A dressing can be applied over the treated area if needed. Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose.
- T Bact Ointment efficiency
- T Bact Ointment potential side effects
- Therapeutic Indications
- Frequently asked questions:
- Chemical composition
- Mechanism of Action (MOA)
- Drug interactions
- What to Do If You Skip a Dose
- Different Brands and Manufacturing Companies of the Drug
- Substitutes of the Drug
T Bact Ointment efficiency
T Bact Ointment is a topical antibiotic medication that is used to treat bacterial skin infections, including impetigo, folliculitis, boils, and other types of skin infections. The medication contains mupirocin, which is an antibiotic that works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis and thus stopping the growth of bacteria.
In general, T Bact Ointment is considered highly effective for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. In clinical studies, mupirocin has been shown to be effective against a wide range of bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes, which are common causes of skin infections.
However, it is important to note that the effectiveness of T Bact Ointment may vary depending on the type and severity of the infection, as well as the age and overall health of the patient. Additionally, as with any medication, there may be some patients who do not respond well to the treatment or who experience side effects.
In summary, T Bact Ointment is considered an effective and safe treatment for bacterial skin infections, but it is important to follow the doctor's instructions and be aware of any side effects that may be experienced.
T Bact Ointment potential side effects
Like all medications, T Bact Ointment can have potential side effects, although not everyone who uses this medication will experience them. Some of the possible side effects of T Bact Ointment include:
- Skin irritation: Itching, redness, burning, and pain at the application site are common side effects of T Bact Ointment. These symptoms are usually mild and should go away on their own, but if they persist or worsen, you should contact your doctor.
- Allergic reactions: In rare cases, T Bact Ointment can cause an allergic reaction, which may include hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
- Superinfection: Antibiotics like T Bact Ointment can sometimes lead to overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms, which may result in a secondary infection. Symptoms of a secondary infection may include redness, swelling, and discharge.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: If T Bact Ointment is ingested accidentally, it may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Resistance: Overuse or misuse of antibiotics like T Bact Ointment can lead to bacterial resistance, which means the medication may not work as well in the future.
Rare side effects include:
- Tingling sensation
- Dryness and stinging at the application area
- Lumpy rash
- Abdominal pain
- Blistering or peeling of the skin
- Contact dermatitis
- Itching or hives
- Skin discoloration
If you have an allergic reaction to T Bact Cream, immediately inform your doctor. Signs of an allergic reaction include:
- Swelling of the lips, throat, face, and tongue
- Difficulty breathing
If you experience any of these symptoms or any other unusual symptoms while using T Bact Ointment, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may want to adjust your dosage or switch you to a different medication if necessary.
T Bact ointment is an antibiotic topically used to treat skin infections caused by bacteria. It is infective against fungal and viral skin infections. T Bact Cream can also be applied to wounds and cuts to prevent the occurrence of infections. T Bact Cream is used to manage and treat the following conditions:
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Dermatosis that is infected such as eczema
- Traumatic infected lesions such as bites from insects, abrasions, wounds, and burns that are minor.
Frequently asked questions:
Can you put T BACT open wound?
A: No, T bact cream should not be used on open wounds as there are chances of absorption of this medicine from an open wound which can lead to undesirable effects. It is for use only on a healthy skin surface free from cuts, burns and wounds.
Can we use T Bact Cream on stitches?
Yes. You can use but confirm it with an examination with a gynecologist to know whether extra oral medicines need to be given in the case.
Can we use T Bact Cream for nipples?
It is unknown whether T Bact Cream 5 gm is excreted in breast milk. Therefore, it is given to breastfeeding mothers only if the doctor thinks benefits are greater than risks. If you apply this medicine to your breast or nipple, wash the areas thoroughly before nursing your baby.
How quickly does Tbact work?
Use T BACT Ointmend for the duration advised by your doctor. The bacteria are normally cleared from your skin within 10 days of starting the treatment. Do not use it for more than 10 days. If your skin condition does not improve within 3-5 days, see your doctor.
Which ointment is best for stitches?
A layer of polysporin or bacitracin ointment must be kept over the sutures until they are removed. You may leave the incision site covered or uncovered during the day it is your preference, however, we do recommend that a layer of the antibiotic ointment be kept over the sutures at all times.
Do I Need a Prescription?
T Bact Cream can be bought from pharmacies close to you and from online drug stores but a doctor’s prescription is mandatory.
The dosage and duration of use of T Bact ointment depend on the response to the medication. The recommended dosage for use is to apply a small amount of T Bact ointment to cover the affected areas. This is done twice or thrice a day for a duration of 10 days.
Before applying the ointment, clean the affected area and dry it. After the application of T Bact ointment, gauze can be used to cover the affected area.
The active ingredient in T Bact Cream is:
Mupirocin 2% of the total weight
Mupirocin also contains other pseudomonic acids including pseudomonic acid A, pseudomonic acid B, pseudomonic acid C, and Pseudomonic acid D.
Mechanism of Action (MOA)
T Bact ointment is an antibacterial effective against Gram-positive bacteria and a few gram-negative bacteria. At low concentrations, Mupirocin has bacteriostatic properties while at high concentrations Mupirocin has bactericidal activities.
T Bact ointment works by preventing the production of some proteins by the bacteria. It does this by binding to an enzyme Isoleucyl Transfer RNA-synthetase. When transfer RNA is not synthesized, proteins synthesis stops. Protein not being synthesized makes the bacteria to die as they no longer can grow resulting in healing effects of the ointment.
T Bact Cream active ingredient Mupirocin works in a unique way and has a unique structure. For these reasons, it does not show cross-resistance to other antibiotics that are clinically available. Thus the ointment has limited resistance.
The use of T Bact Cream is contraindicated in anumber of situations. This is because when used it can worsen the existing medical condition or result in the occurrence of side effects. The following are the contraindications of T Bact Cream:
- T Bact should not be used if you are allergic to the active ingredient or to polyethylene glycol.
- Children under the age of two years.
- A renal impairment that may be severe or moderate
- T Bact Cream should not be used for intranasal and ophthalmic purposes, together with a cannulate and at central venous cannulation sites.
- Once applied on the site of infection, T Bact remains active at the site for up to 12 hours.
- T Bact Cream can only be used topically. When administered orally or through an injection it is immediately metabolized into a non-active product.
- The time taken for T Bact Cream to show its effectiveness is yet to be established.
- T Bact Cream is generally considered to be safe for use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- T Bact Cream does not affect the fertility of the patient.
- T Bact Cream is poorly absorbed when taken orally in the gastrointestinal tract but absorbed well through the skin.
When more than two medications are used at the same time, drug interactions can occur. Drug interactions make the drug to be less effective or result in adverse reactions.Inform your doctor of all medications you are using or have been using previously both prescription drugs and over the counter drugs, dietary supplements, and herbal products. T Bact ointment interacts with the following products:
There are no known significant drug interactions associated with the use of T Bact Ointment. However, it is always important to inform your doctor or pharmacist about any prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal medications you are currently taking, as well as any medical conditions you have, before starting treatment with T Bact Ointment.
It is also important to note that T Bact Ointment is for external use only and should not be used internally or in the eyes. If accidentally ingested or applied to the eyes, seek medical attention immediately.
As with any medication, it is essential to follow your doctor's instructions for proper use and dosing of T Bact Ointment to minimize the risk of side effects or drug interactions. If you have any concerns or questions about using T Bact Ointment, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
What to Do If You Skip a Dose
If you miss a dose of T Bact Ointment, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply more ointment than prescribed or apply it more often than directed.
It is important to use T Bact Ointment exactly as prescribed by your doctor, even if your symptoms have improved or disappeared. If you stop using the medication too soon, the infection may not be completely treated, and it may return or worsen.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to use T Bact Ointment, including what to do if you miss a dose, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. They can provide you with guidance on the proper use of the medication to help ensure the best possible treatment outcome.
A number of precautions need to be considered before you use T Bact ointment. The precautions include:
- Allergic reactions : Do not use T Bact ointment if you have allergic reactions to the active ingredient Mupirocin.
- T Bact should not be used in children below the age of two.
- T Bact should be used with caution in individuals that have a liver impairment.
- T Bact ointments should not be applied in mucosal surfaces of the eye, if the ointment enters the eyes, wash with a lot of water to remove the ointment residues. Avoid contact of nose and mouth with the ointment.
- T Bact should not be used in the case that your open wounds and burns are extensive, have skin irritation or sunburns.
- T Bact has not been shown to have an effect on nursing babies. But it should be used with caution as no evidence on the effects in human studies is conclusive. Caution should be exercised to prevent the applied site from coming into contact with the nursing baby, as T Bact ointment is contraindicated in babies.
- During the administration of T Bact ointment, avoid pilling but make use of a thin layer. This can be achieved by applying small quantities of the ointment.
- T Bact ointment when used for 3 to 5 days and you do not see an improvement in the skin condition, consult your doctor as the medication may not be working as expected. T Bact ointment should not be used for durations longer than ten days.
- If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant. Inform your doctor for advice. But T Bact has not shown any harm to the fetus in animal studies but should be used cautiously as no enough human studies have been done to be conclusive.
- Always wash your hands before you apply the ointment and after applications.
- Do not use other products in the area in which you have applied T Bact ointment. And refrain from washing the site of the application once you have applied the ointment.
- T Bact does not cause drowsiness or dizziness and thus will not affect your ability to operate heavy machinery or drive. T Bact ointment does not interact with alcohol.
- Do not use T Bact cream that has expired. Expired medication has reduced effectiveness and may not cure the condition it has been prescribed for. Thus advised to check the medication package before buying to know whether it is expired or not.
- T Bact ointment should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and heat. Do not freeze the cream.
- Inform your doctor of all medications you are using so as to prevent drug interactions and all medical conditions you have and have had previously to avoid adverse reactions due to conditions in which the ointment is contraindicated such as liver impairment.
- T Bact ointment should not be used for the management of acne problems.
- Use of antibiotics for long durations can cause an imbalance in body micro-organisms. Report to your doctor if you experience severe diarrhea, although this rarely occurs.
Different Brands and Manufacturing Companies of the Drug
T Bact ointment is manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is manufactured in compressible tubes. It is manufactured as 5 mg. Other products from GlaxoSmithKline include:
- Bactroban ointment 5 mg
- T Bact cream 7.5 mg
- Bactroban ointment 7.5 mg
Substitutes of the Drug
Substitutes of T Bact cream with the same composition and strength include:
A dedicated Medi-Pal is assigned to you. Your Medi-Pal will be your one point contact throughout the treatment and post-op period. They will always be available for you.
Post-op recovery support
Your Medi-Pal would ensure quick recovery. This includes booking your follow up consultations and helping you with doctor-recommended steps for diet & exercise.
If you opt to get the surgery done, goficure will take care of it completely. Right from booking your surgery, claiming your insurance to being with you throughout the procedure, your Medi-Pal will do it all.
After understanding your concerns, your Medi-Pal will schedule your consultation with a specialist doctor. Your doctor will carry out necessary tests and advise the course of treatment.
- Mupinase ointment 5 mg – Cipla Ltd
- Mopry ointment 5 mg – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Supirocin 2 % ointment 5 mg – Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Mupinase ointment 7.5 mg – Cipla Ltd
- B Bact 2 % ointment – Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Mupi ointment – Hedge and Hedge Pharmaceuticals LLP
- Mupimet ointment – Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Mpower ointment – Zydus Cadila
- K Bact ointment – Indi Pharma
- Mutop ointment – Dupen Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Impycid ointment – Cutik Medicare Pvt Ltd
- T-Muce ointment – Leeford Healthcare Ltd
- Must Cream – Prism Life Sciences Ltd
- Mupiban ointment AGIO Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Mupicet ointment – Kivi Labs Ltd
- Brodisym ointment – Symbiosis Pharma
- Bactibade 2 % ointment – Novartis India Ltd
👩🔬 If you want to know other articles similar to T Bact Ointment you can visit the CHEMISTRY