Here are some advantages and disadvantages of the Coulter counter method in particle size analysis, check it out.
Advantages of the Coulter Counter method in particle size
- Its operation is very simple.
- Short test cycle.
- Relatively high accuracy.
- More consistent method since information is obtained on the size of each particle.
Disadvantages of the Coulter Counter method on particle size
- The size range is narrower.
- The openings are easily plugged.
- Electrical conductivity of the essential medium.